Excitation and measuring of acoustic waves with light
Photoacoustic imaging with Laser Doppler Vibrometry
State of the Art
- Experiments have shown that interferometric techniques, such as the LDV, can be successfully used for photoacoustic measurements
Aim of the work
- Examine limits and conditions for non-contact photoacoustic measurements with LDV
- Generation of the physical model
- Creation of gelatine and silicone samples that simulate the tissue
- Experiments with a nanosecond pulse laser for excitation of the samples and measurement of the vibrations generated with laser Doppler vibrometer
- Feasibility study for the use of laser Doppler vibrometers for photoacoustic imaging.
- Experimental evidence
- Contactless ultrasound device
- L. Mignanelli and C. Rembe:
Feasibility study of the employment of laser Doppler Vibrometry for photoacoustic imaging.
In: Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Vol. 1149, Conference 1, 2018.
DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1149/1/012028 .